From humble beginnings
Mikita Mikado started out on his entrepreneurial career, selling berries he’d picked in his home Belarus, and now runs PandaDoc, a Series-A funded SaaS business in San Francisco.
Clearly there’s a LOT that happened between those two points of Mikita’s life. I joined him to try and understand some of the things he’s learned along the way.
In our discussion, we cover:
- How activities from his youth translate to his business today
- How his long-term business relationship with co-founder Serge works successfully, and how the complement each other
- Why he’s so passionate about making business transactions and contracts less painful
- What metrics are important to the team at PandaDoc, and how they’re actionable
- The books he’s learned the most from (which you can find below)
Mikita’s top book recommendations
- Quiet Leadership: Six Steps to Transforming Performance at Work – David Rock (“it’s a mix of management practices and neuroscience.”)
- Pitch anything – Oren Klaff
- The Dale Carnegie classics