In the Venture Capital world, it’s becoming increasingly common to see VC firms specializing in one particular business vertical or niche – whether marketplaces, healthcare or something even more narrow. With Connect Ventures, I saw a wealth of young, innovative products and services in their portfolio. The fund is certainly targeted towards seed companies, with numerous SaaS investments under their belt — Typeform, CharlieHR and Marvel to name a few.
But it wasn’t until I sat down with Pietro and really dug into their philosophy as a team, that their true specialism really became obvious. They’re fully committed to backing exceptional founders, who want to solve problems in the world through product innovation.
Pietro also has a view of SaaS metrics that every business should probably print out and stick on their wall:
“MRR don’t lie.”
– Pietro Bezza, Connect Ventures
Some things Pietro talked about:
- The global vision for Connect Ventures
- What he learned building, growing and selling his own successful business (prior to Connect Ventures)
- Some common qualities seen early-on in a successful team that he looks for
- The metrics that are important when assessing at the growth of a startup (pre-investment & post-investment)
Listen to the full conversation below, or listen to it on your daily commute: